onsdag 18. mai 2011

Crash Course in Hamburg

After only 3 weeks (beautiful weeks though) at home in Maui it was yet again time to leave for work. I arrived in Hamburg Tuesday morning (a week ago) and I must admit, it felt goood to set my feet on European soil again for the first time in 8 months. It felt like getting back to civilisation again.. There was normal cafe's, old beautiful buildings, tall people, H&M, Zara, Bianco.. (did some shopping yeah..) and I was atlast back in the same timezone as everyone at home!!
What I have learned so far about Hamburg is that it is a beautiful city with so much to offer! I am really surprised and amazed! First day I walked around city centre and found a big lake and canal and old beautiful buildings and a fantastic park that is now my running spot. I also met one of my favourite people Virginie, that was on her way home from Viking, so we had a nice lunch at a seaside restaurant, did some shopping and went out for dinner and some wine on Reeperbahn.
Reeperbahn is a story for it self by the way. The boat happen to be in yard just about 10min under water tunnel from this famous place, and our hotel is just on the other side of this street. Here you will find tourists and punkrockers and prostitutes and drunks and buisness people side by side. You will find very nice restaurants, but next door might be a sexshop or a erotic movie theatre.. the bars seems never to close, and when I walk to the boat at 6.30am people are still stumbling out of bars and nightclubs.. Quite an interesteing walk to work every day:)

(last two pictures is borrowed from Google Images as I haven't been out capturing the freekshow of Reeperbahn with my own camera yet..)

1 kommentar:

  1. Hei.
    Forbauset over at Hamburg er så flott.
    Ikke jobb deg ihjel, la guttene også ta et tak,de er som regel flinke til å ta det easy!!!:)
    Vi gleder oss til du kommer tilbake til Sørlandet for en periode.INger og PYS

    SvarSlett